Choose the correct answer.
1. Each year, people spend millions of dollars on health care, drugs and various remedies to take care ______________ themselves.
2. Traditionally, it is the ______________ nations, such as China, and indigenous cultures such as those in South America that have used natural and alternative medicines to treat their health problems.
3. But these days, western
nations, such as the U.K., Germany, Australia, Finland,
4. In fact, the World Health ______________ (WHO) estimates that four billion people, two-thirds of the world's population, use herbal medicines for some sort of primary health care.
5. Herbal and natural medicine ______________ for thousands of years.
a) has practiced
b) had been practiced
c) has been practiced
6. It is also holistic, ______________ that it doesnt just focus on the sick part of the body.
7. Practitioners believe that everything in the body is connected, and that treatment is meant to be ______________ preventative as it is curative.
8. As a result, the rise in
the use of ______________ and alternative medicines is also sparking a rise in
international trade, especially from
9.In 2006, trade in this region was ______________ $25 million USD.
10. While some of these northern
medicines from China stay in ______________ , many are exported again to other
countries such as Thailand and Laos, resulting in more than 80 percent of this
trade going through the small border town of
Created by Noriyuki Yuasa