Medicine and Trade Quiz Ｉｎ South Africa
Choose the correct answer.
1.More than _______ plant species are actively traded throughout South Africa for indigenous medicinal use.
2. The demand for medicines and services is ________ relative to the demand for western health care services.
3. Households are spending between________ of their annual incomes on indigenous medicine and services．
a) 4% and 6%
b) 14% and 16%
c) 24% and 26%
4. In KwaZulu-Natal more than 4000 tonnes of plant material is traded _______ at a value of R60 million (a third of the value of the annual maize harvest for the province).
5. The demand for medicinal plants is likely ______ high in the future.
b) to remain
6. ________ consumers anticipate that their consumption of indigenous medicine will either remain at current levels or increase.
7. The mixing and prescription of plant products is sophisticated, _________ the processing and development of products is extremely limited.
８. The plant products are marketed to consumers as _________ or healers' prescription.
９. These products are traded in residential areas dominated by _________ , or at transport nodes in urban areas.
a) white consumers
b) black consumers
c) yellow consumers
10. The lack of storage facilities and trading infrastructure frequently results ______ spoiling of the raw materials.